SOY is offering two sessions to anyone (all ages) who is trans or non-binary and seeking ID change support to meet with a lawyer for support with ID applications, name changes and gender marker changes.
The Trans ID Clinic’s scope is limited to providing free ID and name change related legal information (depending on the student and lawyer’s expertise), form-filling services for government-issued identification, and legal referrals where available.
Identification forms which the clinic is able to assist with include: birth certificates, name change certificates, Ontario driver’s licenses, Ontario health cards, SIN cards, citizenship cards, permanent resident cards, passports, and Indian Status cards.
NOTE: The Clinic is not capable of assisting with any other legal matters or immigration-related applications.
DROP IN! There are very limited spots available per session (the clinic may be able to see ~4-6 people each evening).
NOTE: Service based on order of arrival beginning at 5:30 pm.
Two sessions are being offered:
- Session #1: Thursday, February 28th from 6-8:30 pm
- Session #2: Thursday, March 14th from 6-8:30 pm
333 Sherbourne Street
- Bring any relevant documentation and available ID. Lawyers can support if documentation is not available.
- Limited financial assistance may be available to support application fees.
- Sherbourne Health staff from various teams will also be on hand to connect clients with other supports, resources and programs at Sherbourne Health.
- Tokens and a meal will be provided.
Additional free trans-focused community programming each night:
Gender Jaunt (all ages drop-in) FROM 4-6 pm
Dinner (for all Trans program and ID clinic participants) FROM 6 pm-onwards
Trans Men’s Surgical Support Groups (prior registration required) FROM 6:15-8 pm
Trans Fusion Crew (29 & under, drop-in) FROM 6:30-8:30 pm
Mature Trans Sisters (45 & older, contact facilitator in advance) FROM 6:30-8:30 pm
Voice Modification Group (prior registration required) FROM 6:30-8:30 pm
BEFORE COMING … JOIN A PRE-CLINIC INFO SESSION AT SHERBOURNE HEALTH!
Find out what you may need in advance of the Trans ID Clinic.
As there are only two ID Clinic sessions this season, to get the most out of your visit, learn more about what you may need in advance of the session. Please come to one of our Clinic Preparation Information Sessions at Sherbourne Health.
- Tuesday, February 19th at 6:30 pm -2nd Floor (at SOY’s Intersections group)
- Thursday, February 21st at 6:30 pm – 2nd Floor (at SOY Trans Fusion Crew and Mature Trans Sisters groups)
For questions or more information, contact SOY at 416-324-5077 or email@example.com.
This is a queer and Trans positive, non-judgmental, anti-oppressive and inclusive learning space.
This Trans ID Clinic is run in partnership with Sherbourne Health, Pro Bono Students Canada volunteer law students, and Blakes volunteer lawyers.