Are you an LGBTQ+ youth, 29 years old or under, who is also a newcomer, refugee, refugee claimant, or non-status person living in Canada?
Express is a safer weekly community group where we honor your journey.
Build community with other youth from across the globe and find community resources to help you:
- rebuild your life in a new country;
- navigate your refugee claim process;
- discuss challenges about your connections with family, friends and community back home;
- find an income;
- make the most of OW (Ontario works);
- make the most of what money you have;
- budget for sending money back home;
- access safer housing;
- navigate the shelter system;
- talk about food health and wellness;
- get used to the weather;
- understand how school works in Canada;
- apply for study and work permits;
- find employment support;
- deal with culture shock and unmet expectations;
- celebrate your identities, cultures and histories; and
- connect to helpful people and services.
Food and TTC tokens provided.
When: Wednesdays, 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm.
PLEASE NOTE: Dinner is served from 6-6:30 pm, programming runs from 6:30 to 8:30 pm in the Great Hall, second floor at Sherbourne Health.
Thank you for your support
Thank you to the Toronto Pearson International Airport and Propeller Project for its support of SOY Express.