FLAME (Fruit Loopz Artist Mentorship ProjEct) is a series of free art programs rooted in self-care, collaboration and community. FLAME is a free performance mentorship program for LGBTQ Youth and prepares performers for SOY’s Youth Stage, FruitLoopz, at Pride!
Who: queer and trans spectrum youth under 29 who are interested in making art
When: each program runs in 8-10 week blocks with a final exhibition event at the end of each block.
- gain skills in art-making, no experience necessary
- create queer spaces to make art
- connect with other queer and trans spectrum youth artists
- programming includes: digital storytelling, visual art, theater and movement, sound and music-making
- opportunities to share and to exhibit or perform your work
- affirming and welcoming 2-spirit people, queer and trans spectrum people, people of colour, different language and communication styles and people with varying abilities
Want to perform at FruitLoopz?
Want to hone your performance, storytelling, dance & singing skills? Ready to set the stage on FIRE?
Workshops April – June
This is a Travelling Workshop Series where we will be touring different theatres, dance studios and creative spaces with our skilled performance mentors.
- Participants are paid CASH for attending each workshop
- Food and tokens will be provided
- Space is LIMITED
For more information and to register, please contact Patrick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FLAME and FruitLoopz is sponsored by Pride Toronto and supported by the LGBTQ Youth Initiative, led by Planned Parenthood Toronto.
Additional supporters: SKETCH, TAC, OAC, Buddies in Bad Times Theater, Griffin, DYS
About the Facilitator
Patrick Salvani or Ms. Nookie Galore is a genderqueer drag queen, writer, arts and program facilitator for SOY. They are the FatherMom to the largest Queer and Trans people of colour show, The Drag Musical. Patrick’s work has been featured in CBC Arts, AGO First Thursday, Rhubarb Festival and Mayworks, and published in the book Diasporic Intimacies and Marvelous Grounds.