THE LATEST ON COMMUNITY GROUPS AND DROP-INS
IN-PERSON GROUPS CURRENTLY RUNNING
- SOY programming including TransFusion Crew (TFC), Black Queer Youth (BQY), SOY JOY, and Express for newcomer youth are currently running in-person sessions. Visit the SOY virtual bulletin board for the current schedule and more info. Contact the SOY Program Coordinator for more information.
Please visit the Sherbourne Health website for other service changes and more updated information regarding COVID-19.
Thank you to everyone who joined us at the SOY Bowlathon on Saturday, October 22! It was a fun afternoon of bowling, entertainment, food, and fantastic prizes, all in support of 2SLGBTQ youth. Your tremendous support helped SOY raise over $36,400 for 2SLGBTQ youth! SOY will continue online fundraising until November 7 to reach our $40,000 goal. Visit our JustGiving page to donate.
What is SOY?
Supporting Our Youth (SOY) is an innovative community development program of Sherbourne Health. SOY is a set of health promotion services and programming centered on supporting the health and well-being goals established by 2SLGBTQ youth and young adults, many of whom are homeless, racialized and newcomers to Canada.
As a 2SLGBTQ youth or young adult you are resourceful, resilient and important. You are the expert in your own life and have found ways to survive and thrive. The SOY team is here to help support you by providing community connections, housing resources, mental health care, and goal planning strategies.
Supporting Our Youth is designed to support you to restore, maintain or improve your health and well-being.
We support your goals, strengths, resourcefulness and success
We can support you with:
- Goal Planning Service with Youth Resource Workers
- Evening health and well-being groups
- Mentorship and peer leadership programs
- Our Internal Housing program
- Health promotion and systems work
Guided by your goals, we work with you to restore, maintain and improve your overall health and well-being.