Supporting Our Youth’s (SOY) case management program called Goal Planning Service (GPS) has experienced a great deal in the last few months. We would like to take this opportunity to inform you of some changes we are making to improve the program. Over the course of the last few months our team has had staff vacancies that left many of youth uncertain of case management next steps. We are working diligently to fill the gaps to provide youth with great support yet again.
These are the changes, effective immediately:
- Adanyi Phillip has moved into the role of Program Coordinator – Housing and GPS.
- Courtney Niven has moved into the role of Program Coordinator – Mentorship and Peer Leadership.
- We welcome Susie Mensah, who has joined us as a new Youth Resource Worker.
- We are in the process of hiring 3 more Youth Resource workers, once they have been successfully onboarded, each client will be assigned a new Case Manager.
- In the interim, we will be moving into a needs based/emergency only case management model. What this means; case management, with scheduled meetings to achieve goals, will be on pause. However, if there is anything that comes up for youth that requires assistance, they can reach out to us, and we will work with them on that specific issue.
- Once assigned, case managers will reach out to youth to complete a service agreement, assessment, and ongoing case management will resume.
- Intakes will remain closed until a full team of YRWs has been onboarded, date to be determined.
If at anytime youth do not wish to be contacted and would like to withdraw from case management, they can send an email to GPS@sherbourneon.ca. If you know of someone who was receiving case management but did not receive this email, please have them contact GPS@sherbourne.on.ca.
Again, we are working very hard to get all youth reassigned to a consistent worker as soon as possible.
You can reach us at 416-324-5077 or firstname.lastname@example.org.